Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 1450b

woodvalley ยท 2016-05-22 12:05

I have a case 1450b and runs really well but after about two hours it will not turn. it turns well when I first start off. can anyone help me. filters are all new. it still has forward and reverse.

Replies6
  1. #1Shimmy12016-05-22 13:46

    Does it turn with the track range levers (one lever in high, one in low)? Or is it not turning by using the brakes?

  2. #2woodvalley2016-05-22 14:47

    i was told when i bought it put one in forward on one in l. reverse will try one in high and the other in low. thanks

  3. #3alrman2016-05-22 18:32

    A few questions for you to answer..... Does the transmission pressure gauge on this machine still work? If so, how much pressure does it show when cold at full rpm? How much does it show when warm at full rpm? At an idle, at operating temp, how much does it show in neutral? Then click through all gear ranges - the pressure should be the same for all gear selections & the time to engage the gear should be also the same - on both tracks. Do the brakes function properly?

  4. #4woodvalley2016-05-22 21:41

    i noticed today that after about two hours the trans gauge drops down to yellow and when i throttle up it comes into the green after more use it does not come up to the green. do you have any ideas as to my problem.

  5. #5alrman2016-05-22 22:28

    Yes quite a few, however any one of them on their own will not fix the problem. We need to find why the pressure is dropping. Could be the charge pump; convertor leakage; control valve problem; clutch pack issues; .....etc etc... I will need answers to all my questions so that I can assist you. So you will need to operate the machine again & take particular note of the gear shift tests I mentioned above, take notice when oil is cold & again when warm. To effectively test the charge pump a flow test needs to be carried out. Other than that you will need to remove it, strip & inspect. But, as mentioned earlier, the pump may not be the problem. Does the transmission oil temp get hotter than normal after working for the 2hrs?

  6. #6woodvalley2016-05-22 23:22

    I wish I new more about it. it does not have a trans temperature bit if has a torque converter temp not sure it that's the same but torque converter temp is always good. does not have degrees just colors but always in the mid green when running. I won't be able to test again until Saturday for I have a full time job. thanks again I really appreciate your help.