Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1972 d8h transmission filters

welder100 ยท 2014-05-14 15:40

Can anyone inform me where the filters are located for transmission on my 1972 d8h 46a please. I found the washable screen and magnetic insert but not the other filter

Replies3
  1. #1Oxbow2014-05-14 15:43

    If memory serves me, which it may not, I thought there was a large canister filter for the transmission located at the back of the engine on the right side. Someone else will certainly correct me if I am wrong.

  2. #2Nige2014-05-14 17:57

    Here's the layout of the Power Train oil lines. you should be able to figure it out from this. The elements are 2 x 4J-6064 and the seals of the top of the filter housing 1 each of 2K-4472 & 6D-9157. These numbers are for 46A29515-Up, your machine may differ - but I doubt it.

  3. #3Joeyslushr2014-05-14 19:31

    I think there's two stacked atop each other on rh side towards rear of engine