My 1972 JD410 just stopped starting, cranks but no fire, I've got good fuel flow and it will fire with ether for a few seconds. I don't believe the injector pump solenoid is activating. There is only a single wire to the top of the solenoid, which I thought was strange. I checked voltage to that wire with neg to ground and I'm only getting millivolts with the key on. Can anyone tell me if there is a fuse panel in this machine? If it's there I can't find it and I'm hoping it could just be a fuse or relay. Thanks!
Welcome to HEF Seann ! No. If I recall correctly, just 2 circuit breakers. The one that affects the fuel solenoid would also affect cranking, so it must be good because it cranks. That leaves you with a wire issue.
Welcome to HEF, Seann !
They just don't make wire like they used to, the wire can easily fatigue and crack wherever it bends or vibrates. Trace that wire on the injection pump back to the harness and see if there's voltage present there, if not, then follow it back to the ignition switch. 90% of the issues will be at one end of the wire, or a connector in between. The harness doesn't flex as much so you'll rarely get a bad wire in a harness, unless the harness is wore through. Another way to check is put the volt meter on the injection pump, and wiggle the wire in different places to see if you can get a connection, sometimes you'll even feel the wire is broken inside with just the plastic holding it together.