Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1972 Towmotor/Caterpillar b16

maintenance man ยท 2025-10-02 16:36

Afternoon gents. I have a damn near prehistoric b16 16000lb capacity forklift I'm trying to keep on this side of the scrapyard gate if you know what I mean. I'm hoping one of you guys knows where a guy could download a copy of the owners manual or a repair manual. I have no literature and i'm kind of going at it blind. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1TD242025-10-09 21:07

    It would help if you would post 4 pics of the machine, 1 left. 1 right. 1 head on. 1 rear This would give us a better idea of what we should be seeking.. Also, the FULL name (Towmotor ?) Model and serial number off the data plate or wherever stamped on the machine or from any paperwork regarding the machine. Tho you might find several b16's books, but could vary widely from yours as built to specs of 1st purchaser. Just curious, but from whence came the Towmotor /Caterpillar nomenclature and the year 1972?

  2. #2TD242025-10-09 21:39

    Did a little research and found a 1977 , and it answers my Towmotor/Caterpillar question. I was puzzled as Cat bought Tow in 1965 and I figured a 72 would be all Cat. A hoss of a truck. Pardon Our Interruption Still some pics of yours for discussion and need the serial number. Gas, LP, or diesel and what engine if you can solid ID..

  3. #3TD242025-10-11 13:45

    This guy claims to have parts and repair manuals. He lists for B10 and B12. I offered him $1.00 for the ones he had listed, to get in contact and texted a question: Do you have manuals for the the B16. He replied yes with a price. You might get in contact with him to determine. It is a shot... Caterpillar Cat B10 & B12 Forklift Lift Truck Parts Catalog Manual Book | eBay Manual is in good used condition. No missing pages. www.ebay.com

  4. #4TD242025-10-28 15:54

    Were you able to get in contact with my E bay ref and obtain any manuals. Curious as to what you may have accomplished?