Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1973 580B Hydraulic Cylinder that controls the bucket Needs new seals

deltl1ks ยท 2012-12-19 19:27

I was trying to did up a stump the other day working my way around the stump and I had fluid coming out in droves from the Cylinder that controls the bucket. I don't see any markings on the cylinder and wanted to make sure I order the right rebuild kit before I ordered. I've already removed the piston from the cylinder and I'm ready to order the seals. I watched a few youtube videos and I think I can do this but any suggestions and or advice would be appreciated. I also need the part number of the seals to order. On this site I clicked 580B BH model 35 http://www.epm.com/case.htm Then I located these seals listed below. G105527 BH BUCKET 42.53 G105546 38.07 I think I just need the above, is that correct? I'm not sure why the below is listed? G105517 BH DIPPER 39.24 1543273C1 47.78

Replies7
  1. #1mikey12012-12-19 20:50

    If im not mistaken, the cylinder will have a marking on it, that will be what you need for case ordering. it should be stamped on the gland nut from what ive heard Best of luck Mike

  2. #2rickw2012-12-20 06:29

    When in doubt take the rod as is into your local hydralic shop and they will either have what you need or get it quickly. That is what we did w/ one of our cylinders that had multiple listings depending on years and # ect. On the older case machines there can be a few different cylinders that were used. We found it was not as easy as getting a kit for a boom cylinder for a 580ck... Hydralic shop seemed to be the quickest way when we were in that situation.

  3. #3tloft2012-12-20 17:56

    Case bucket seal kit part # 1543383C1 My backhoe is also a 1973 580B .. 1543383C1 is the part number I used to repair my bucket cylinder - although I purchased my kit at the Case distributor in Wilmington DE, I found a link online where you can buy the same part .. LINK TO PURCHASE

  4. #4deltl1ks2012-12-20 22:00

    thanks for the reply and link. I'll see if we have a shop nearby to check on the parts but I appreciate the link as well,

  5. #5Tinkerer2012-12-21 06:23

    Sometimes you are better off to buy OEM parts. tloft's link is to a $ 59.84 kit. A genuine Case kit at my local dealer is $ 40.67.

  6. #6tloft2012-12-21 07:10

    I agree the best move is to buy OEM from a case dealer - that being said, my invoice from the LOCAL CASE DEALER was $60.00 exact on Oct 21, 2010 for part# 1543383C1.

  7. #7deltl1ks2013-02-24 16:03

    Got this repaired did it myself and no leaks. I ended up ordering them from a local supplier. So far so good.