Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for contacts to repair 1973 580B control valve assembly

deltl1ks ยท 2012-12-20 22:25

Hey guys, Well I've recently replace my leaking backhoe control valve on my 1973 580B. The dealer did this for me as I was hoping the seals could be replaced. After spending about $288.00 in seals, I learn one the valves were not repairable. Now I have this 75LB weight that I have no idea what to do with it except maybe 1. Source someone knowledgeable and reasonable enough to repair 2. Sell for parts 3. Tear apart and learn from it. For now I want to know of anyone on here whom may know the makings and repair of one of these. I just may be interested.

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2012-12-21 06:36

    One of your options is to start emailing salvage yards for another complete valve body. You can salvage your new seals and install them in a another used one if it needs it. By all means take yours apart and see why it isn't repairable. What model # is the backhoe on the tractor ?

  2. #2deltl1ks2012-12-22 11:05

    I don't know where would I obtain this information? The dealer replaced the valve control after they discovered the one I had was not repairable. I'm not sure what to do with it. I guess I need to learn a bit about it before I proceed.

  3. #3Tinkerer2012-12-22 15:39

    Are you saying the dealer actually replaced your valve assembly with another one ? And one of the sections in the replacement valve assembly was not repairable ? If that is the situation the dealer should be doing something to make it right. Do you know if the backhoe is a Model # 35 ? Maybe your dealer can tell you. You will need to determine this sooner or later so you can find parts for it. If it is a #35 ebay has parts books listed all the time for it. Could you post a picture of the valve he installed ? A picture will show everyone reading this, understand the problem better. If you can, indicate which section he says isn't repairable.

  4. #4alrman2012-12-22 16:54

    The problem usually is that the chrome on the spool is damaged by wear or rust. Putting new seals is a waste of time as the rough surface damages the oring as soon as it gets some use, it will leak for sure. However, if that is the problem the spool can still be repaired, but it is a little expensive. Getting a secondhand section is the most cost effective way to repair it - as long as it is a good part. Sometimes, the spool may look OK, but there may be leakage in the valve that causes the hydraulics to creep. Thats the risk of second hand parts......

  5. #5deltl1ks2012-12-27 21:51

    I have not found if this is the BX 35 yet but I will keep looking. I'll get some pics but here's my sn number if that helps is 5204125. 1973 Case580B. I think my cylinder for the bucket base on the info. The supplier gave me is a two piece piston.