Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1973 Case 35-580b

MICHIEMOUSE ยท 2024-03-23 16:53

Does someone know where I can order the seals or seal kit for the spools on the controls for a 1973 Case 580b. I have rebuilt all the cylinders but slowly the boom and bucket leaks down got a little hydraulic fluid pooling around the top. Commercial- Model-C27 PT. NO.- D50560 Ser. NO.- 111-2965

Replies3
  1. #1clueless22024-03-24 07:41

    It wasn't too long ago that a member rebuilt his 580B control valve. He had a lot of seals left over and was going to assemble rebuild kits and offer them for sale to HEF'rs. Case 580C backhoe and stabilizer valve on a 580B? Good day all! Cold in Central Alabama (for here) at 26 degrees F! Brrr. Last night I ordered O-rings to rebuild my stabilizer actuator valve as it's leaking from the top of the spools. I was ordering parts based on my Case 580B CK manual. Parts are supposed to be here tomorrow. This... HeavyEquipmentForums Start a private conversation and he may or may not reply. Let us know if he responds.

  2. #2Billrog2024-03-24 11:26

    When I redid the spools on a 580B I had if I remember right all I required was some 0 rings.

  3. #3Tinkerer2024-03-24 11:44

    Some spools require O rings with a square profile. Oem part numbers should be referenced when replacing them. There is always chance a previous repairman used the wrong ones.