I am looking to restore a 1973 450 Case dozer with 6 way blade. The original colors were Yellow on the sheet metal, black on the ROPS and grill guard, and orange on the blade and final drives. Any help with paint specifications would be appreciated. I do not want to repaint it with the newer case brown color. Thank you.
Welcome to the HEF, Papabear1. That’s a good looking track type you have there. I recall the yellow being called Federal Yellow and the orange as desert sunset. You could search the archives because I remember a past discussion.
That's an ambitious project. Are you going through the whole machine and replacing the undercarriage and anything else needing attention?
Thanks Coaldust. I appreciate this info and will check out the archives as well.
We will put used or aftermarket pads on the rails as several are broken. We have pulled the motor to have it gone through. It has sat for several years and won't make a full revolution without sticking, think it may be a valve. Hopefully everything else will be ok, we shall see. All hoses will get replaced and gauges. Would like to get everything is working order. My dad bought this machine almost 50 years ago. New yellow, orange, and black paint and hopefully we can find original style decals as well
That is awesome. Great backstory. Keep us posted as you make progress. Don’t stress about the decals. Today, any good graphic shop can make them for a reasonable price.
Are the rails and rest of the undercarriage in decent shape?
Yes. The rest of the undercarriage is pretty decent. We are replacing the coil assemblies though.