Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1973 Case 580

DPete ยท 2012-02-28 11:16

Wifes family owns a cattle ranch they are replacing their 73' 580 with a 05' JD 310G, the Case looks intact and straight but no brakes overall appearance is good and it runs. What's the best way to sell, Ebay, Auction, Craigslist ?? They also have a 66' D6C dozer/ drawbar they have had since new, going to fire it up this weekend. Both have been in the barn

Replies6
  1. #1War Eagle2012-02-29 08:32

    I've known some folks that have had good luck using ebay.....I tried it with no luck. I believe that they have another location on this site that allows you to list it here. Do you have any pictures of the 580 and D6.......do you think they're best suited for "parts only".....??? Good Luck

  2. #2DPete2012-02-29 10:36

    I'm sure both could be used, the D6 is clean and straight, can't have that many hours, also a 50's era smaller Ford tractor that looks to be nearly mint. 2 old Deeres one with a belt drive auger attachment next to the front wheel. Will post some pics in the old equipment section next week. Maybe take the 6 and the hoe to Richie Bros, they ding you 15% though , 25% below $2500 sale

  3. #3recman672012-04-12 09:40

    Craigslist is great because it's completely free and easy to post. Posting pictures and phone number will get you the greatest response. I've been looking to get rid of my old CAT 225 and purchase a backhoe. I'll try to locate your post in the old equipment section.

  4. #4leisureexpress2012-04-12 09:55

    Another option for you in California is TNT Auction ( www.tntauction.com ) . I went to a sale a couple of weeks ago and most everything was bringing good $. I do not know what they are like to sell through so I can not help at all with that. That said, like above, I am a pretty big fan of craigslist and the free and easy part. You just have to recognize the scam buyers from a glance and hit delete. When a human with cash shows up on your doorstep, it is real.

  5. #5recman672012-04-12 10:07

    Speaking of humans with cash, I'm interested in your backhoe. For some reason, I can't post a reply to your "equipment for sale" post. How would you like me to contact you? Can I use the contact information on your website: www.danpetersonexcavating.com? Thanks, Ron 925 521 4207

  6. #6recman672012-04-30 14:03

    thank you Many thanks to Dan and Candice Peterson. I purchased her family's old backhoe and am very happy with the condition of this machine. So far, no surprises. She's got a new home, here at San Joaquin Yacht Harbor, and already has been earning her keep with the heavy lifting and digging. I know that the Peterson's have a few more tractors safely housed in the barn. If you're in the market for good used machinery, look up Dan and Candice. You won't find nicer people anywhere.