Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1973 int 175c

Bret Baker ยท 2023-02-13 20:11

I'm having trouble starting my track loader I push the button and I hear a click at the starter I have my truck and a diesel jumper box hooks to the batteries but am I missing something is there something that needs to be pushed it's also in neutral with safety brake on

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-02-13 20:49

    Welcome to HEF, Bret ! I would suspect the starter solenoid needs to be replaced.

  2. #2stinky642023-02-14 10:22

    When is the last time the machine was started? Did you check all the connections at the battery/frame for loose/ dirty issues? Did you check the voltage at the battery? Don't put all your faith in them jump boxes, I've seen brand new expensive ones that weren't that impressive.

  3. #3Delmer2023-02-14 13:11

    A click at the starter means you need to do some voltage testing under load. Don't even need the jumpers hooked up unless the battery voltage collapses when you get that click. Assuming the jumpers are doing anything, or the battery is holding any charge at all, you should get at least an attempt at turning over. You're getting a voltage full stop somewhere, or a locked up engine? if the engine turns with the fan, then get the volt meter out and a helper or test leads to see what's getting voltage. Or a power probe if that is easier for you.