I just bought a JD 410 backhoe (fixer), and have 2 issues with the hydraulics. The first seems fairly simple. I don't have a hydraulic dipstick, and don't know how full to fill the reservoir. Does anyone have the same hoe, and can tell me the distance from the top of the dipstick to the "full", and "low" level marks? The second is that I seem to have air in the hydraulics. The fluid is clear when I start, but turns milky in quick order. I've read briefly that this may have to do with the suction line. The story I got from the previous owner was that it was working great. He was lifting a log with the hoe, and a hydraulic line broke. He replaced the line, but hydraulics were slow. He replaced the pump. Hydraulics were still slow. He decided to sell the hoe and buy a newer machine. Any thoughts?
Agreed, 100%. This is very cool. Thank you so much.