Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410 Oil pump

richj786 · 2025-09-10 10:06

I'm ding doing an inframe on 1980 JD 410 4.219 motor and I have to remove the oil pump is there anything specific I need to do to remove it.

Replies11
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-09-10 18:54

    Remove the drive gear retaining nut and drive gear from the pump shaft before removing the pump mounting bolts. Pay attention to the balance shaft timing when going back together.

  2. #2richj7862025-09-11 06:59

    Thanks

  3. #3richj7862025-09-11 08:55

    One on my balance shaft moved when the gear for the oil pump left out. Would know how to put it back in the right spot. Thank

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-09-11 09:54

    The balance shaft timings marks aren’t clearly visible with the front timing cover on. When going back together rotate and pin the flywheel on cyl#1 TDC on compression. The opposite balance shaft weight will be facing down. Place the free balance shaft with the weight facing down and install the oil pump drive gear.

  5. #5richj7862025-09-11 10:42

    Ok thank you very much

  6. #6richj7862025-09-11 17:37

    Where would the hole for the pin would be all I have on the back cover is the hole for turning the motor. Thanks

  7. #7Diesel Dave2025-09-11 18:36

    See screenshot below.

  8. #8richj7862025-09-11 18:51

    Thank you very much and at TDC both counter wieght cams the wieghts need to point down right?

  9. #9Diesel Dave2025-09-11 18:57

    Correct

  10. #10richj7862025-09-13 12:19

    I did the infarme and it started but it has very low power and once I run it of and try to restart it it cranks very slow. If I let it sit for 5 minutes it fires right up

  11. #11Diesel Dave2025-09-13 16:27

    Does the hydraulic pump have a de stroke solenoid ? If not , try turning the steering wheel while cranking the engine over to help unload the hydraulic pump at start up