Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 Bobcat M970

vinrum ยท 2006-11-30 07:18

I am in the process of rebuilding a M970, All the work was completed, painted, motor rebuild, and now its time to add gas and fire it up...(NOT) I add gas to the tank and it leaked out as fast as it went in..Can someone let me know how to get the tank out..I tried taking it out through the top,and it wouldnt clear the hydraulic pumps..I am stumped, please help Steve

Replies3
  1. #1Dwan Hall2006-11-30 10:20

    Steve. You have to remove the foot controls and plate that they mount to then it is suspose to come up through the top. If the M970 had a clutch mounted on the right hand side of the floor it has to be removed first. Well you have the tank out be sure and check the fuel gage if it has one because they uasualy go bad and it is a Bit*& to go through all the work of ermoving the floor board just to replace it. Dwan

  2. #2vinrum2006-11-30 11:30

    m970 Dwan, I took the floor out of the machine, and the tank still doesnt want to come out...the machine doesnt have a clutch mounted...does the cab have to be up or down in order to get it out can you please email me at [email protected] Thanks steve

  3. #3Countryboy2006-12-01 02:25

    Lets see some pics when you're finished. :yup