Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 case 580 B

nicholasj ยท 2020-01-14 18:07

Looking to install my new block heater but I can't seem to figure what tool takes out soft plug appears to be 3/8 square drive but my 3/8 ratchet end is to big is it 5/16 anyone have this issue

Replies6
  1. #1highwayghost2020-01-14 19:41

    Maybe try different Allen wrenches or Torx, something that will bind in the hole.

  2. #2nicholasj2020-01-14 20:00

    Will do have to try something

  3. #3nicholasj2020-01-14 20:04

    Manual shows that this plug is specially for block heater but I don't know if its a soft plug or just regualor plug just saying

  4. #4edgephoto2020-01-14 20:17

    You need a pipe plug socket. https://shop.snapon.com/product/Pip...e-SAE-5/16"-External-Pipe-Plug-Socket/PPM410A

  5. #5highwayghost2020-01-14 20:32

    I would just make one. Get an old Allen wrench or 3/8 extension and grind it to 5/16.

  6. #6nicholasj2020-01-14 21:07

    Thanks guys im gonna get that socket appreciate the help