Hello all . My maxhime has started to droop on right side of loader thought it was a low tire or something but it’s in the frame where the loader arm mounts . Lots of play in this side . How big of a task to change out those bushings and sleeve?. Is it simple as undo the nut on each side and tap rod across to get bushings out or do I have to pull cyclinders etc to remove arms at frame ? Thanks
Nope pretty straight forward and use 4x4” blocks as needed. I would look at the diagrams on Broken Tractor to see what you need. My cast arms on the bucket were egged out as there is no bushings. I had to bore out and put my own bushings in.
Hello, I have a similar problem, I have a 1960 case Loader 540, which is a gas 530. one of my lift arms is missing a bushing. As I am new at the bushing angle of these machines, meaning I have never delt with the need of getting a bushing for a loader. I have looked at McMaster Carr trying to get a bushing. I have no idea what style bushing to get. it measures - shaft size 1 1/4, housing size 1 9/16, length 2 inches. do I need a graphite imbedded bushing (or whatever they imbed bushings with). The bushing on the other side has groves for grease. There are several types of bushings on McMaster Carr I have no idea what to get. I see some that cost $12 and some at case that cost $170.00 that cannot be right, can it?
I would have to see a picture and as I am not very knowledgeable about a Case that old but if it’s a greaseable end, they usually have 2 bushings one on each side, so the middle is open to allow grease to flow around. Unless you are restoring, I would just put the correct bushings in and if you can’t find them just order the correct size from McMaster and get 2 to allow for a 3/16” gap in the middle. You can also get a spring bushing and forgo the greas.