Hey everyone, hopefully someone can guide with issues I'm having with my case backhoe... Ok here it goes..originally thought it was push button starter at first.. soo i put a new one in.... i try and start it i just get a click...so I jump the machine off my truck and it starts so I threw a brand new a battery in it..now excited I turn the electrical system on hit the starter button and I get the same thing ..,click!!! Next thing I did was clean the ground wire with some sand paper think I got a bad ground connection and try it again same thing...click!! I need to get this machine turn key ready so I can sell it... I have no idea what else it could be....any help is appreciated thanks! RoncExc
Sounds like a burned out contacts in the solenoid. Did you jump it by attaching the jumper cables directly to the starter?-bypassing the solenoid? Sometimes you can take the solenoid apart and clean or replace just the contacts. If you attached the jumper cables to the battery, then it's a bad connection between the battery and the starter, not the solenoid. You can find it by having somebody click the starter and using a voltmeter to check the connections from battery to ground and to the starter, and on the starter side of the solenoid.
i had the same problem,it was the positive wire at the starter.......