Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The Komatsu WB142

Dickjr. ยท 2013-01-15 02:05

I own and operate a Cat416C backhoe loader. I have rented any and all types backhoes from time to time. I like all these machines and see good points in all of them. The New Holland was my least favorite out of the crowd. The deal breaker was not the machine itself but the fit n finish. I really likes the Komatsu WB140 for running a hammer.Plenty of weight to lug the tool around , power was good and it was wisper quiet. The design , the way the bucket stuck out in the front made it hard to move in compact areas. When they came out with the WB142 I was in the mood to buy one. Yes it was an entry level machine with out a lot of add ons but it could be bought new for 50K dollars and had a 4 year 4000 hr warranty. It had the excavator style boom , front bucket similar to a Case , looked like a winner. Then the pulled the plug on them. I think they done it a little premature on this model it had the design. I'd love to have a new 420E or Deere 310SJ but I hate to put an operator on something like that when they could give a darn about it. Any thoughts on this WB142?

Replies0

No replies yet.