Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974+ case bucket ear widths

DualsportWA ยท 2015-05-29 11:03

Hi- looking at buckets today and don't have access to my 580k. Can anyone tell me what the widths should be between the ears where the pins go for case buckets to fit the 1974+ quick coupler? I know pin to pin should be 14" center to center...

Replies4
  1. #1bob_002015-05-31 14:47

    i hope it helps but case have a unique look relly easy to see the diffrence

  2. #2DualsportWA2015-05-31 17:38

    Thanks Bob! I figured it out! Here's the specs: Pin to pin spacing: 14" (primary spacing) Distance between ears, top: 10" Distance between ears, bottom: 5" Worked out a great deal- with a huge bonus! Got the 42" bucket with grading edge on it in place of teeth (will be great for cleanout of ditches, grading, bulk digging where I have easy soil to move). Also got a really nice 12" bucket, both for less than I was looking to spend on a used 12" bucket alone. Then came the big unexpected bonus. There on the ground near the buckets was a good quick coupler - a part I need as the "power" dig setting holes are broken on the one that I got with my 580K. Now there will be nothing "broken" on my hoe! This completes my desired assortment of buckets - 12", 16" 24" and 40" now.

  3. #3bob_002015-05-31 17:54

    Good let me know how the 24 inche bucket work for you i only got a 16 and sometime i find it a bit too small on my 580k

  4. #4DualsportWA2015-05-31 18:02

    The 24" is great- good all-arounder. I was thinking to go 36" for my "big" bucket, but I'm glad I have the 42" now- for light stuff I think I'll prefer more capacity. Here's a picture of me digging with the 24":