Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580N Tier4 Case 2wd

Daniel1914 · 2015-05-29 10:39

I have a 3405 code need help

Replies5
  1. #1Daniel19142015-05-29 10:45

    unit looses power when operating or digging.... Thanks

  2. #2fpgm042015-05-29 17:28

    3405 indicates you have an open circuit on the turbo pressure control valve. I would suggest you check the fuse first. It is a 7.5 amp in the front upper console, small fuse panel. (sorry don’t recall which specific 7.5A fuse, but there is only a couple 7.5A fuses there to check). If it is not the fuse, check for wiring damage to the valve, or it could be the actual valve itself is open circuited.

  3. #3Daniel19142015-05-30 09:45

    Thanks for your help @fpgm04....i will look into your suggestions.... By the way you wouldn't happen to have a picture or diagram of valve itself? If not no problem, I appreciate your time.

  4. #4fpgm042015-05-30 11:19

    Daniel, Here is a picture from the Case Parts website, item #2 on the diagram is the pressure control valve. From memory, it will be on the RH side of the engine, not too far from the turbo but mounted on some of the coolant equipment. Note, as I did not have your specific F5 engine number, I just pulled up a random F5 engine up on the website, but I think the pressure valve is fairly common on all. If you want specific parts for your engine, select the exact model engine you have. Before going too far, open up the top lid on the front console and check the fuse first. I seem to recall a secondary cover on the small fuse block that can somewhat hide it. Let us know how you come out. http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr1230057ar55389128bi906504-2

  5. #5NDHoof2023-10-03 14:16

    Fpgm04 Did that fix your problem? Having a similar one.