Hello Trying to remove the rear pin for the fly section cylinder. All manuals refer to an access plate(s) on the side of main boom to remove the inner pin.... but this crane doesn't have them. Perhaps they were added later after realizing my difficulty. The mid section cylinder was easy to remove. But the fly cylinder is a chore. The fly section doesn't want to come out either. I have backed off the pucks on the side but see the large plates on the bottom lip of the boom sections and wonder if there's something in there preventing the section from coming out. I have all the typical diagrams but apparently this crane is unique. Thank you in advance for any thoughts/ info.
Do you have the original service manual for it? Those old grove books are pretty good about step by step and have lots of pictures. The tm180 is one of the square booms before trapezoid if I remember right. If you don't have a manual, I'll dig around and see if I can find one that shows it. I've never torn apart a square boom grove, but they put it together at one time, its got to come apart. If you could post up some pictures that would help. I'm assuming you left base section in the crane, and pulled the next two sections out. Removed first tele cylinder. and now need to go after #2 and can't get 1 and 2 separated?