hi all my name is johnny and I'm a new member in this forum and I'm hoping I can get some help in trying to get my 74 international harvester 3500A that dose not move forward or reverse. the engine ( diesel ) and loader backhoe run perfect .I did some on line searching on these tractors and found out that this problem happens often on these tractors and parts are not easy to find..any way I'm hoping theirs someone in this forum that might have some information as how I can tackle this problems..I have on hand $1700 worth of parts for the transmission ( inner and outer parts ) that I was lucky enough to get ..one guy that was suppose to work on it had taken the top plate off the tranny and showed me that 2 hydraulic lines that were suppose to connect to that same plate were connected together inside the transmission ?? I guess to just be able to operate the loader and backhoe?? thanks in advance for any information as to be able to repair this baby...johnny
A service manual is the best place to find what you're looking for unless someone on here is still familiar with them, and I would doubt that since they've got some age on them and weren't a big seller. There's several for sale on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Internatio...736098?hash=item3ae9dde322:g:VJQAAOSwkRhZXnT4
There is a lot of help available on the Redpower Magazine.com website. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/ They were not a real popular tractor. I ran one for several days about thirty years ago that my son-in-law owned. I didn't care for it at all. He sold it shortly after I used it.
yeah I happen to have one and I'm pretty handy I'm also over 65 and my reading comprehension has gotten pretty bad I was hoping someone out there would have something more simple like pictures and how everything connects but after hearing from you that this tractor wasn't a popular seller that also tells me that there's not to many people out there that are familiar with it .i'm probably going to have to save allot of money to have someone figure this out for me. probably by the summer.anyway thank you so much for replying to my post
I had gotten it on a trade at craigslist I wanted to make a fish pond on my property and I really never operated one and really didn't know much about them so I never thought parts and ( know how ) on them would be so hard . if I ever get this one going I tend to sell it as soon as I dig the pond.I'll be looking into that red power magazine site so thanks buddy really appreciate it