Have a 87 410B The check valve on top of the injector pump keeps stopping up with black trash or ?, This keeps the machine from running. Any ideas were it could be coming from. My next move is to remove the tank and clean. Any ideas another issue, when first start, it takes awhile to get it moving espicially if shift gears between 1st to 4th. If dont shift gears and just shuttle shift it will get moving faster.. Any ideas. Once it warms up it moves good in all gears and forward and reverse
I think your flex ring(?) is coming apart inside the IP. The Pump Guy will be able to fill you in on that. The original part disintegrates and turns into that 'black trash' some call it 'mouse crap'. You can work around it short term, but needs to be replaced with an updated version.
it will only run about 5 to 10 minutes before stopping up, and cant get 1000 rpm out of it. I am new to this site. Is the pump guy on the forums
Yeah that Flex ring is disintegrating and needs replaced before metal starts bashing metal in there, along with a new check valve. If you're not up to it, have TPG on here handle it, I'm sure he'll see this before long and post in here. He's done both of mine and I'd highly recommend him to anyone. Shifting for 1st to 4th would take awhile if you're skipping 2 and 3. Checked the fluid levels when it's all warned up?
IF it KEEPS getting clogged its time to pull it off.. OR you can punch the glass ball & spring out of it & let all the trash/mouse turds/coffee grounds, go back to the tank & run the risk of a run away engine.. Have you noticed the engine rpms fluctuating.. reving hi & you have to shut it down?? There WILL come a time when YOU CANT shut it down.. if you keep going.. I've seen a punched out return connector go for months & then I've seen them last literally minutes before reving beyond shut down.. BOOM.. NOT tryin to scare ya.. just inform ya.. > to answer your question> the black stuff is coming from INSIDE the injection pump, not the fuel tank.
I can also vouch for the fine work done by the PumpGuy.... I did not want to get into the internals of that pump so I had him overhaul mine (310b) As for your movement issue... fluid levels AND flow are important to start with. New filters? sump screen checked?
okay, I read that getting the pump off, you have to align somethings or just unbolt and send to shop for repair, Estimated cost We have a pump shop in montgomery al or can send to you the pumpguysc I dont need BOOM
I have been looking at a shop manual on ebay for 185.00 think it said testing and service like 1500 pages. will this have the filters and other info in this book . Is it worth the money
I thought the test and service manuals were different. And the service manual will only cover the engine, or trans, or rear end. If it's an operation and test manual for the whole backhoe, then no, it won't have filters, or anything about the injection pump in it. It is worth the money if you have to DIAGNOSE anything specific to the tractor, loader, or backhoe, like hydraulics, transmission, electrical. It won't have rebuild or repair info.
The pump is easy to get off.. it should be timed first but not absolutley required.. with some instructions it can be removed w/o timing the engine & pump..
The pumpguysc do you have an estimate on repair and more info on getting it off. someone said you do great work on here Thanks