Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 or75 JD 410

56bigsky ยท 2013-05-09 16:07

Good afternoon everyone. Goggled JD410 back hoes and this site came up, hope some one can help me out. My problem with my Hoe is that the front bucket performs slow in every motion. The hoe it self works great all the time. It's up on Hyd fluid, so something is not letting enough fluid get to the bucket. Any suggestions? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952013-05-09 18:57

    Welcome to the Forums 56bigsky!:drinkup I moved this thread to the backhoe loader section in order to get more members to see it. Good Luck!

  2. #2chroniekon2013-05-09 21:56

    I'm not a hydraulic guy, but I have a manual for a 310 of the same vintage and I think the hydraulic systems are the same or at least very similar. It says for sluggish or no loader operation to check the Pressure control valve. Also, another symptom that would point to the Pressure control valve is if the power steering goes away while using the loader.

  3. #3Delmer2013-05-10 09:01

    I'll second the pressure control valve. I was thinking that, but I don't know your machine. I thought the 410 was closed center pump and system, and the newer 310x's are open center, but I'm probably wrong. In any case the pressure control valve is the first place to look. Later models use a "priority valve" which gives power to the steering before the loader, when it's working.