Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 655d window

Chewy63 ยท 2013-05-09 14:41

I'm looking for a window for the cab of my 655d backhoe. Does anyone know where I can get one used or after market. Ty Erin

Replies5
  1. #1AllDodge2013-05-09 21:24

    What I know about glass, is if it doesn't have holes in the glass it can be picked up at any auto glass shop. Find a local auto glass company and look around to find the best price. If it does have holes in the glass it has to come from the manufacture or be made from plexisy glass.

  2. #2Shenandoah2013-05-09 21:26

    Most good auto glass shops can drill holes in glass. It's pretty straight forward. Diamond bits and water...

  3. #3Chewy632013-05-09 22:05

    Ty for the replies, I didn't think about auto glass shops. I wonder what the easiest way to get a template of the window is? Maybe take off the other side and trace it? Ty again Erin

  4. #4Shenandoah2013-05-09 22:37

    The way a glass shop cuts glass is they lay a paper template or pattern underneath the glass to be cut and trace the pattern with a glass cutter. If the edges are straight and/or square they will use a panel cutter that has a guided cutter. If your windows are symmetrical and/or mirror imaged you can indeed use the other side as the template. You can either trace it yourself, or take it to the glass shop and let them use it as a template. If you trace it, use butcher paper or any other dimensionally stable paper and try not to fold it but rather roll it up if need be.

  5. #5Chewy632013-05-09 22:39

    Ty shenondoah! Erin