I did a search and have seen several suggestions on what oil to use in the transmission. Can someone please confirm the best oil to use in the transmission. One suggested 10 weight motor oil others hydro something. Just don't want to hurt the machine. Thanks
I have a TD7G. I use a Kendall product called Power Shift Transmission Fluid. Comes in SAE 10 wt and SAE 30 wt. Meets Cat TO-4, TO-2, and Allison C4 specs. Approved by and sold by Komatsu. I use 10wt. The newer motor oils speced beyond the older CD/CC specs are said to be to slippery for use in wet clutch transmission systems. It seems like oil should simple and not so confusing but it is a complicated world now.
I can not remember if this was for the hydraulics or the transmission or both: This is not an exact answer, but my dad always called it 10wt tractor fluid. I asked him about just using motor oil once, he said it did not have the anti foaming agent that you needed.