1400 hrs and unercarriage is completely shot busted bushing riding on pins. Looking for new chains and sprokets, not sure of which ones to go back with does not seem like the oem's lasted very long, if anyone has any advice on a good set would be a great help. ( between myself and a couple of buddys we all got about the same hours out of the oem's.
1400 hrs is not much but have seen a D65 px 12 chew thru a set of SALT pins/bushes in 1500hrs in very wet mud/ sand and water and an operator who did a lot of backblading in 2 rev, so it depends a lot on the conditions u work in, width of grouser plate and speed u travel at, I guess 1500 hrs in 2nd FWD/REV @ approx 7kmph = approx 10.000kms travelled. Cheers RDG
I have seen machines with around 1000 hours on the original chains with bushings worn through. Many factors determine how fast you will wear undercarriage. Type of material, speed, track adjustment, pad width and so on. I would have someone measure your complete undercarriage and give wear percentages. Your rollers and idlers probably still have life left in them. Your link height is probably good and will possibly take new pins and bushings. Good luck, Quicktrax
Quicktrax, all the rollers and idlers all look fine, i was thinking about just buying new chains and sprockets as i cant afford to be down very long, i would swap them myself. The question i have is whats the best chains for the dollar. I have one buddy that just put komatsu AR chains on his machine, these are much larger rails and bushings,looks like the rollers and idlers will wear out before it does. another guy i know put the v track chains on his machine and be about the same as the oem stuff. My thoughts are why put the 2500$ more chains on there when your going to have to change everthing else down the road anyway. Seems it would be about the sme money to put on the cheaper chains and run it until u need to replace the complete undercarriage. If u think im on the right track here i need a qoute on a good set of chains and sprokets shipped to Louisiana. I can callu if u dont want to qoute it here. Thanks
You will probably get about the same hours out of the V-track chains as you did the original chains on one side of the bushing if your running in the same material. If you turned the p/b you would get a more hours out of the chains. I have heard good things out of the AR chains from the Komatsu dealer, I didn't realize they were priced so high. I see your point with replacing everything at one time. I deal with all kinds of people, some like to replace it all at one time and some get everybit of wear as they possibly can out of each component before they change it.