Hello I have antifreeze leak at the exhaust manifold and the head top side below turbo. do you think this is a head gasket, or cracked head? Thanks Kelly Gruell e-mail [email protected]
Does engine turn over? Does it run? Any chance of a picture? Are you saying it is coming through the gasket between the head and manifold? How about loosening the nuts holding the manifold on and see it that is for sure where it is coming. Just remember water and coolant tend to run down hill so always look above the point you think the leak is coming from! Could be a pre-chamber oring!
Yes it starts and runs fine. No water in the new oil change. I will try and figure out how to send a picture. Just wanted to know if the manifold threaded hole may go into the head water jackets. Thanks Kelly
Sorry, what is a pre chamber o-ring? Thanks Kelly
the pre-cup o-ring(whitish color, maybe silicone) seals the pre-cup to the cyl head around the outside of the pre-cup. the thick washer under the pre-cup is a selective thickness to properly orient the glow plug.
Yea those white rings would turn to mush if they got overheated!
Pre-chamber is item #3 and the oring is item #28. As you can see if that oring was to leak it is right above the exhaust port on the head and could be easily mistaken for the leak coming from the exhaust port. As for the studs holding the manifold on they should be closed at the bottom but I can not 100% say if someone got carried away drilling a broken one out! Never saw it happen but like they say "Never say Never!" Like I always say when investigating leaks "Always look up hill!"
Thanks very much.
Thank you very much Kelly
SERIAL # 13 X 02454 MOTOR 3304
I found that we have several sleeves that are leaking on the loader at the spot you guys had said. what are the special tools I need to pull the sleeves on all four cylinders. I will also need the o-rings and sleeves and seats for injector if I make any sense. I will upload seve ral picture . Thanks Kelly
Take the injection line off unscrew the nut 15/16 or 1 inch I think the injector will come right out then you need the special tool to remove the pre cup it looks like a bolt except it has splines that fit where the injector goes
just an additional note, when the adapter part is removed, the injector capsule will be only finger tight- this is normal. i think the cat tool # is 5F8353 but double-check to make sure
So I would like to change out all four sleeves and any o-rings and sealing rings for injectors. Is this something I could buy on line today? With the serial number and model of motor. Thanks Kelly
should be able to. you may have to source the tool and 0'rings from different suppliers
THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ON LINE THE DRAWING OF THE FOUR CYLINDER ?????? I ordered item 6 and 7 and 14 they did not have the removal tool 5F8353. Thanks Kelly
Ebay has them
Thanks After looking online line I was able to get new drawing of that motor with s/n parts and removal tool from. Rob McDowell Highway and Heavy Parts p: (989) 941-3597 f: (989) 941-3597 w: www.highwayandheavyparts.com e: [email protected]
Do you have the spec's on installing those chambers? Those washers at the bottom 7-14 come in different thicknesses to let you position the glow plugs correctly. If you need that info send me a private message no called"start a conversation" Or did I already post that??? What the heck I'll just post it here: One note there are three different thicknesses of those washers 7-14 in that picture they would be as follows 5M2667 that are 0.194 thick 2S8959 that are 0.223 thick 2S8960 that are 0.248 thick If you read the instructions I'm posting below you start with the thinnest ones 5M2667 and torque the chamber in at a specified torque and the glow plug hol has to be positioned in the correct spot. If it is not then going by where it is you use one of the other washers/gaskets to get it positioned correctly. In the printout it is a bit hard to read. so if you can not tell what it is saying, I can draw a better one with clear labels! Unless someone has a sharper picture to up load!
Decided I did not like the instructions in that last post, not the easiest to follow with the poor quality pictures from SIS so I did a bit of digging and found a better diagram and added a little editing to reduce some clutter and add some notes. I hope this is a bit clearer to see: Not sure if the Cat gaskets, which are actually steel washers, have the 2C, 2S, or 2X markings on them these days that is why I added the list of part numbers with the actual thicknesses. This will let one know which ones Cat is actually talking about in the instructions.