Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1975 AC HD11 EP track adjuster

menace · 2020-08-03 15:55

Hi Can anyone help me find the fitting for the track adjuster thank you

Replies5
  1. #1DMiller2020-08-03 19:03

    HD 11EP, Old Hihood? Hydraulic adjusters came in multiple flavors, photos of the rail idler adjustment shaft? And why are you having issues locating, are you trying to buy a replacement?

  2. #2DMiller2020-08-03 19:08

    These could have a Threaded rod adjuster, One hydraulic was UNDER a over plug cover, another was recessed in a hooded casting. Picture worth a thousand thoughts.

  3. #3menace2020-08-03 23:30

    Thank you for replying there is a fitting under a hooded fit testing on the wishbone there’s also a plug on the side of what should be a spring proximately inch and a quarter with a 3/8 square female is this where the fitting would be under the plugI’m not near the machine so I can’t get a picture I believe this plug which doesn’t wanna come out is the adjuster would like to know for sure before I make a mistake in trying to remove it thank you

  4. #4DMiller2020-08-04 09:35

    The fitting inside the hood is where grease is applied to expand the adjuster, when need to compress for track work there is a fitting the grease fitting is screwed into to release said grease back out. The square drive plug is access to the rebound spring compartment, these used oil to keep the spring from corroding and breaking. Is a small really poor access drain plug for that compartment above the roller under the track tension rod. Should be a second grease fitting under a U shaped bracket on the yoke, that is to keep the region of the gland seal wetted for corrosion control. Be really similar to my HD7G just larger;

  5. #5menace2020-08-05 16:23

    DMiller, Thanks for the reply. I didn’t see the second fitting where the release was I’m OK now it’s very similar to an IH 175. I cut my teeth on HD 6Gs back in the 70s all mechanical of course with screw adjusters started back in 71 but the 11s are new to me. Thank you again Namaste Namaste ! Steve.