Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1975 Case 450

jrobe44 ยท 2013-01-21 19:20

Ok im gettin water in the oil and oil in the radiater so i figure an o ring on a sleeve is bad would a blowed head gasket cause that same thing? Or anything else?

Replies3
  1. #1thebaz2013-01-22 15:46

    I had the same thing happen to a Case 310G I had with the same 188D motor. I am sure it was the "o" rings on the sleeves. Head gasket is possible but less likely. Mine was bad and had a sump full of water. You could pull the sump off and check from underneath to see where the water is coming from.

  2. #2jrobe442013-01-22 16:11

    Thanks jus got the sleeves pulled and and o ring on one was missing bout a quarter inch of it would that also cause some oil to get into radiator?

  3. #3thebaz2013-01-22 17:03

    I would think you would get cross contamination. if the water gets into the oil, the oil gets into the water. Always investigate everything you can though before re-assembly.