Hello all, Well somehow I managed to loose the return spring on my decelerator pedal, it just "popped off" and I can't find it, also I thought it would be "self evident" where it goes (where it connects to the linkage, and where the other end goes), but it's not!:Banghead If any one could post a picture of the spring itself, and where it goes, I would be eternally grateful!!! I have checked both my parts book, and my repair manuals, the parts book just shows that there is supposed to be a spring, but does not show exactly where it fits in, nor does it give me a good picture of what the spring looks like, so that I could even find a similar replacement, and my repair manual does not show it at all! Dang it anyway! Thank you in advance for your time and assistance, it is VERY VERY appreciated! JD Dozerman
Well it appears no one can help me with this so I went and purchased a couple different springs (with varied tension) and I will just try different "connecting points" till I find what works. Thanks anyway. Cheers JD Dozerman
Sorry JDDozerman my dozer is out at the farm and I haven't been there lately or I'd take a pic for you I hope to get it in the shop in the next couple weeks.
Thank you kindly for the reply Iowan, I totally understand, just thought I would see if someone could help me out. IF you could get me a pic, when ever you get it to the shop, I would sure appreciate it, in the meantime I will try to see if I can't give it at least a temporary fix with what I have. I just couldn't find any info in any of my manuals, except that there IS supposed to be a spring connected somewhere to the decelerator pedal, and my parts manual does give me the part number for it, however, since I will be using a "generic" spring, I have nothing to go by as far as how long, or thick a spring I should use, nor could I tell where it attaches at either end. As I mentioned earlier, I thought at least the connecting points would be somewhat obvious, but I'm finding that is NOT the case, so a picture would sure help. Thanks again, and have a great one, hope you're staying warm up there! It's pretty darn "frigid" down here, right below you!!! JD Dozerman
JD From memory, the spring attaches to small holes ,one on the pedal naturally , the other on a stiffening rib under the floor plate. Keep looking, they'll be there somewhere. A much more confusing setup is the linkage halfway to the fuel pump. Cheers,Greg
Have you had any trouble finding parts for your dozer JD?
Hello Queenslander and Iowan, @Queenslander, thanks for the info, I will look again, and see if I can find what you're talking about, I must have missed 'em, my eyes definitely ain't as good as they use to be! :dizzy I also know exactly what you're talking about, in regards to the "linkage setup halfway to the fuel pump", I DID find that, and was a bit perplexed as to how, or rather WHY, they engineered that way, seems kind of "wanky" in a way, but it works, as long as you don't loose that darn return spring!!! :Banghead Anyway, thank you VERY kindly for the info, I really appreciate it! @Iowan, so far, knock on wood :duh, I haven't had to really purchase any parts, however, I have quite an extensive list of places, both here in MO. and around the U.S., that are reputed to either have them, or be able to get them, so I'm hoping, when I DO need something, that I will not have any problems. In fact, the guy I purchased it from did say he had never had any problems getting parts, from a couple outfit's down in Springfield, MO. (Traksan, and Case Putter Equip.), so not too far away either. I've been going through it and checking everything out, again, just to make sure I haven't missed anything, but it has a brand new SALT undercarriage, and pretty darn low hours on it (3200 on hour meter, but he left the main switch on a few times, which keeps the hour meter running, so it actually even has less "operating" hours than that), so I haven't found anything I really need, as yet! I'm also changing all of the fluids, and filters, making sure all the grease zerks work, etc., so I can start my own "service log" on it. I got all of the manuals with the dozer, so that was a big help, but there always seem to be a few little odds and ends that manuals don't really cover very well. Anyhow, it's in great shape and I can't wait for the weather to get a bit warmer so I can get some more hours on her!!! :woohoo Thanks again for the reply. Hope you both have a great one!!! Cheers, JD Dozerman