Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1975 Case 450

jrobe44 ยท 2013-02-20 20:55

Anyone know the average cost of having the clutches rebuilt in my transmission

Replies6
  1. #1alrman2013-02-20 21:09

    That's a big job jrobe44. Depending on how much you can do yourself (remove & refit the transmission?) & how thoroughly you want the job done, there is about 120 - 150 hrs of labour for a full job - removal/repair/refit + parts of course...... costs more than what the ol girl is worth What makes you think it needs doing?

  2. #2jrobe442013-02-20 22:07

    Well jus curiosity of the price but torque converter loses pressure when i shift into gear but only after couple hours of running but I'm gonna do a flow meter check to find out for sure. But torque converter loses pressure and temp rises on it but when I shift to neutral it regains full pressure and after couple minutes of idling temp returns to about 190. I jus rebuilt motor with only bout 15hrs of run time on it with a new charge pump also. And this was going on before the rebuild also but a had a bad liner so that's why I jus went ahead and rebuilt the entire motor.

  3. #3PD Mech Steve2013-02-22 09:34

    Last 450 Case trans we did was in Oct. Complete disassembly and rebuild. Only took a total of 48 hrs start to finish. Total job cost including parts, $3700. Pictures posted on our Facebook page under the name PD Mechanical.

  4. #4jrobe442013-02-22 09:40

    Thanks

  5. #5alrman2013-03-09 17:14

    Sorry for the late response on this as I seemed to have missed PD Mech Steve's reply here. Steve - are you saying a FULL rebuild was done for $3700. I cannot even get the parts for that price. The price you have quoted, does not even cover my labour rate at 48hrs. I looked at the facebook pictures, & I saw pics of the transmission removed & repairs/machining to a final drive housing. Are you sure about the info, a FULL rebuild.. & the price quoted here? Just wanted to clarify this info for jrobe44 & any others refering to this thread in the future. - I wouldn't want to tear into a transmission overhaul with a 'price' in mind & then getting a rude shock when reality hits.

  6. #6jrobe442013-03-11 07:09

    I talked to a CASE dealer is shreveport la and they also said a rebuild would cost around $4000.i would assume this is not any gears or anything jus the clutchs