Hi all, new here, but lurked lots. I am running a Tovel Forklift 4x4 crabwalk forklift rigid frame, 95hp perkins, 16k machine weight, rated lift is 8k@24"LC, mast is 32'. I need more capacity, more weight, not height, weight! I can get a 75' Clark 175b wheel loader. I was thinking of ripping off the bucket, putting on a set of 8' 15k fork and running it as a forklift. Any opinion, ideas, thoughts? I am stumped as to what it would lift, and can't find much model specif info ont hat machine, as it appears they made many many changes over the years to those machines. I was looking at 275 clark, circa 60's a few years back, but it was rough, had been hacked and slashed many times, had a 12v71, rigid frame, tires were done, etc etc. The owner wanted too much for it and I passed. Anyone use a wheel loader for a forklift? How strong are these? Does the machine have enough counter balance? Estimates on the weight it can lift? etc etc? Any ideas would be great.
hello weldor , I have a 55c Michigan with a hyd quick tach with a bucket an a set of forks , I've had it for nearly 3 years , the buckets been on it 6 or 7 times at the most and never over 3 0r 4 hrs at a time , there is nothing like a loader with forks if height is not an issue, it will get it and take it where ever u want it. my little 55 will pick up 8k but I couldn't steer it , but it picked it up and put it on the lowboy, that 175 will probably pick up 30k and walk with it , them old michigans are stout machines, that one looks good by the way.
Check the forestry equipment sites. Clark had a log loader kit for these machines with counter weight.
Gday Lads, 30k would be sweet. I need 20k @ 4'L.C ideally. Big break presses, shears, etc would be much easier to handle, no need for multiple life trucks or cranes. Anyone know the weight of these? I need to ship it 600km. The logistics of moving that this time of the year could be an issue. Been looking for any info, manuals, specs, can't find much on them. I can't find the log loader kit. A counter balance would be nice. I imagine a big hunk of cast is used. I can't find much info on these machines, either I am not looking in the right places or it's not out there. I cannot find any history on them When did the go form ridged frame or center articulated? Did they have only one engine/tranny combo or were these available in various power plants? I am wondering on the parts availability of these as well. If parts are getting scarce, this can start to become an issue. I have a machine shop, but making parts for these old machines can be a pain, and that doesn't make me money. Any suggestions? By they way, what the hell happened to Clark? They seemed to have there hands in everything heavy equipment wise in the 50's 60's and peaked in the 70's. Then all of a sudden, gone. I see they still make small forklifts, thats about it.
I recently purchased a Clark 125A series three,and have gotten some information on it.My best guess is that articulated loaders came in the early seventies.Clark was bought out by Volvo in the mid 1980s.The one in your picture wound most likely be a 175 B.They came with Detroit or Cummins power and the rest of the power train was Clark.You can download parts manuals from Minpar who now supply parts for old Clark loaders.I have gotten an operators manual as well as transmision and torque converter books on ebay and kijiji. http://www.volvoce.com/CONSTRUCTION...OADERS/CLARK MICHIGAN/Pages/introduction.aspx You can download specs on the Volvo site for a 175C.The weight and lifting numbers would be in the same range at least.One site I came across indicated that the C series came out in 1981 so a B would be a mid 70's and later machine.A search on this site in the archives will give you more information on the 175B. . It can be useful when searching to use Michigan 175B
Yes your info is right. A Michigan is known by the paint on the wheel hubs, the Michigan nameplate on the grille, and decals.