Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1975 Drott 85RM2

shor2832 ยท 2014-07-28 15:02

Hello, I am new to this site and have a question regarding my Drott carry deck crane. The seal that goes between the hydraulic motor and winch on my boom is shot and I was wondering if any of you folks know where to find a replacement. I am aware that Manitowic might have purchased Drott, but due to the age of my machine, nobody there seemed to know what was going on. Any ideas? Thanks, Sean

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2014-07-28 18:29

    Is it leaking hydraulic oil or winch gear oil? If hydraulic oil what make is the motor? Is there any other info on the motor, like model, part or S/N? Or if posisble post a picyture or two of the motor, someone may recognize it.

  2. #2dbl6122014-07-28 19:28

    the drive motor on the 85rm2 is either vickers, char-lynn or commercial inter tech. any hydraulic shop should be able to get you the parts or reseal no problem. the are generic in nature..