Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which RT crane do i buy? SANY or ZOOMLION

ernstZA ยท 2014-07-25 11:08

I am looking to buy a new RT crane and need to choose between either a SANY RT35(40 USton) or Zoomlion RT35 (40 USton). I am very familiar with KATO, TADANO and GROVE 25/30t RT's but don't know how these will compare. Pricing is very good at almost 20% less. Is there anyone with experience on either one or both of these cranes? Would like some input on which crane will be the better one to work with as a operator and also to work as a mechanic. Any feedback will be welcomed.

Replies5
  1. #1Leonch2014-08-26 02:20

    Both cranes are good.

  2. #2MCCA_Nardus2014-09-04 03:49

    Hi Ernst I See this is a pretty old post but FYI, I work for Manitowoc (which owns Grove) and are based in Johannesburg, if you have any questions then feel free to contact me [email protected] Regards

  3. #3dbl6122014-09-04 08:59

    the 20% less is worth the heartburn you will get with those junks.

  4. #4ichudov2017-08-25 22:10

    But quality is very bad at 40% less ;-)

  5. #5hduhwehduhw2017-08-27 08:42

    I'd stick with the KATO or TADANO, they're high quality machines which will save you plenty of problem in the long-run. Better Return on investments in my opinion. I run a rental fleet and I can tell you, you can't go wrong with the KATO.