Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1976 Case 580B swing help

Cody55 ยท 2025-09-24 20:10

I have a 1976 case 580b looking for some help, when I try to pull back on the boom lever the hoe will slowly swing to the right, and also left swing is a little weak, other than that everything seems to be working fine, just looking for some tips as in what could be wrong? Maybe valve body o rings? I am new the this backhoe. Thank you

Replies5
  1. #1Bote2025-09-26 12:14

    Hi Cody55, are you saying that the boom swings to the right when you raise it?

  2. #2Cody552025-09-26 17:14

    Yessir it swings slowly to the right when I raise boom

  3. #3Bote2025-09-26 17:33

    Dumb question but if you turn your machine 180 degrees and raise your boom does it swing to the right?

  4. #4Cody552025-09-26 17:43

    Yes

  5. #5stinky642025-09-27 09:49

    Don't know if ever covered here for a B but has been covered several times. Do a search of threads here for your problem. Probably o-rings bad or missing in relief or load check valves in backhoe control valve sections.