Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1976 Chevy C65 Wheel cylinders

Robbie Shenk ยท 2020-03-07 23:49

Hey guys!!! New to the group. Just bought a 1976 C65 dump truck to haul gravel and saw dust with. Was told it had a brake leak and want to pull wheel to replace and service the system but don`t know where to get the parts. also was wondering if it could be converted to vaccum boost? Just also in general looking for best place to get parts.Thanks for any and all advice in advance.

Replies2
  1. #1_Weldman_2020-03-08 00:42

    Wait, am I reading this right, you want to go from hydra vacuum boost to vacuum boost? Sounds counter intuitive to me to go backwards in that regard.

  2. #2Willie B2020-03-08 08:34

    My 76 C65 ha s air brakes, (see avatar). I can buy some parts from local NAPA, Others come from a truck parts company 100 miles away. Some parts I have not found, I've had to get creative for motor mounts, transmission mounts, and radiator mounts.