I was finding Twin Steer trucks a bit fascinating all of a sudden , but I was wondering............. Where would you install the fuel tank on a cement truck like this??? If it's possible to make a hexa-axle straight truck like this (for hauling larger loads than the average truck), then it might be possible to make this dump truck have 6 axles (2 base steering, 2 drive, and 2 tag). But I just need to know where I would install the diesel tank if those two tag axles were occupying the belly area of the truck. If anyone owns a cement truck like the one I found, let me know. I'm making these trucks for American Truck Simulator.
Ok, I just gathered some more thorough pics of that 6-axle concrete truck: But this only depens the mystery of it's fuel tank's location on the chassis as there's no visible fuel tank cap let alone a cylindrical side fuel tank.
(weezing uncertain) ..... Are you sure that's not the hydraulic oil reservoir ? This is what confuses me: two hydraulic reservoirs? - On both sides of this dumper?
The red arrows are pointing to fuel tanks. The yellow arrows are pointing to Exhaust after treatment and a hydraulic reservoir.
Oh, I get it now! Typically, fuel tanks (in pairs) are usually installed near the front steering axles . But on the right side of that dump truck, there's a stainless steel footstep for the passenger side door where the right side fuel tank is supposed to be installed.
Modern trucks passenger step is a cover for the dpf exhaust system & black tank is the def fluid. Fuel gallons single or multiple & tank location is customer spec for weight
It just depends. Frame rail real-estate is at a premium and comprises have to be made. Have to get them in where you can fit them in. Like this Cook Inlet oil patch winch truck. The fuel tank is way, way behind the cab. Hiding behind the tire chain rack.
Both ready mix trucks the tank behind the cabs are water, and the hydraulic tanks are just behind them. You can see the filter on one. Hydraulics are hooked to the crankshaft normally but I don't see a pump on the front of either truck. Maybe that gives away my age. Only hydraulics are spinning the drum to mix or unload and to raise and lower the chute. Back in the day a starter motor with a pump would operate the chute