Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1976 John Deere 410

raf.tech · 2023-04-06 16:32

I need help. Anybody can tell me where I can buy. Ian frame engine rebuild for my 1978 jd410 I know John Deere sell it, but I’m trying to find something similar for less money

Replies14
  1. #156wrench2023-04-07 10:14

    Which engine? 4239? You meed to know which engine before you can check from aftermarket suppliers

  2. #2raf.tech2023-04-07 11:21

    I’m not sure what kind of engine I have here’s the serial number

  3. #3mg23612023-04-07 12:06

    It should be a 4219. There is a serial plate on the engine (at least there should be). That will confirm for sure.

  4. #4raf.tech2023-04-08 08:47

    Here is my problem I think I need inframe overhaul rebuild kit on jd410-d

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-04-08 09:07

    It may (probably) needs new valve guides, seats and valves. If it were mine it would get all new valve springs to.

  6. #6joe--h2023-04-08 10:44

    Is that smoke or steam? Immediate on startup? Joe H

  7. #7raf.tech2023-04-08 13:03
  8. #8raf.tech2023-04-08 13:03

    It looks like a smoke steam oil combination. In the morning it usually has a rough start, but until then it starts every time there is no problem

  9. #9Welder Dave2023-04-10 01:12

    Sure is a lot of leaks on the engine. Have you checked for coolant in the oil or oil in the rad? Could be more than one issue needing attention.

  10. #10raf.tech2023-04-13 10:07

    Is engine 382810T

  11. #11raf.tech2023-04-14 16:05

    The anybody knows what kind of engine I have and where can I buy the inframe overhaul rebuild kit other than John Deere Is engine 382810T

  12. #1256wrench2023-04-15 10:04

    Thats not an engine model number. It sounds more like a serial number

  13. #13Diesel Dave2023-04-15 11:45

    Can you take a picture of the tag with that number on it ?

  14. #14Tractor Tech2023-04-15 12:36

    AgKits is a good source for 219 or 239 engine John Deere 219 Diesel 3.6L L4 Inframe-Overhaul Engine Rebuild Kit O-Rings in Block. 1.38" Wrist Pin. The cylinder kits come pre-loaded. www.agkits.com John Deere 239 Diesel 3.9L L4 Inframe-Overhaul Engine Rebuild Kit Non Turbo Engines with 1.375" Piston Wrist Pins, .375 Valve Stem Diameter www.agkits.com