Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck 188d Front Main Seal Leak

ejbeaty · 2023-04-07 16:13

It looks like the front main seal on my 580ck is leaking pretty bad. Has anyone had luck with BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak? I'm wondering if I should give that a go before I tear into it and replace the seal: https://gobdp.com/product/oil-stop-leak-49499/

Replies5
  1. #1Steve Favia2023-04-07 16:19

    I’ve used it on things with excellent results!

  2. #2ejbeaty2023-04-07 22:34

    Welp it seems to have stopped leaking completely after putting in some BlueDevil Rear Main Leak Stop and running it for an hour. We'll see if it lasts!

  3. #3Delmer2023-04-07 22:46

    The seal is probably only 50 years old, you should get another FEW HOURS out of it.

  4. #4Vetech632023-04-08 07:56

    Best go ahead and get a seal coming in so you have less downtime replacing it.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2023-04-08 19:36

    You probably should gt a wear sleeve for crank pulley