Hello I have questions about Case 450 turbo. It has the 207. Does the vent on the top of the valve cover have a lot of pressure/ exhaust coming out of it? Or should it tie back into the exhaust side of turbo? The books does not say anything about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
450B ?? There should be no pressure or excessive blow-by coming out of the valve cover. No the vent tube does not hook into the turbo-charger. The only lines on the turbo are the pressurize oil and the tube that drains it back to the pan. It should be open and pointing down at the bellypan.
Do you have any pictures of how it should look? I have a hose that comes down right above the starter. When it blowes it goes all over the starter. That’s why I’m asking. I don’t see any info out of my big manual books. Tinkerer thanks for the reply!
The vent tube should not be blowing on the starter on the starter. A piece of the tube may be missing. You have serious problems with your engine if the blow-by is very bad. I would never run one with that much blow-by. It could be as simple as worn out valve guides or badly worn pistons and rings. here is a link to the online parts book. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...actor/cn/66CF6496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6
Thank you again Tinkerer! I will have to look into this.
You could also have bad seal in your turbo over pressurizing the crankcase.
Can you explain more in detail? I’m trying to picture what you are saying. Turbo side of Manifold side or exhaust side of turbo? Thank you for the reply Coy!
There is a seal between the exhaust side and the intake side of turbo to separate the two halves. If the seal goes bad it could possibly let pressurized air that should go into intake side of turbo go back into the crankcase. But also as Tinkerer said the valve stem seal could be bad and or the pistons rings. How does the engine run is it sluggish and hard to start, feel weak when you are pushing with it?
It’s not hard to start and is not under power at all. The turbo does look old and rusty like. Next time I run it I will see if I can tell if there is any external leaking from the turbo. Thank you for the info Coy!
Forgot to mention it does smoke but I’m am not losing any oil or water at all.
Is the smoke black, white or kind of a grey color?
It’s white when I start it. I think it has a leaking injector. But when it warms up it’s kinda blackish with a little Gray!
Yeah sounds like you have a bad injector possible. Have you removed the intake hose from turbo and checked the vanes for side to side movement?
I have not done that yet! The weather has turned real quickly here in Washington so I do not want to tear into it when raining. But thank you for all of your help. I’m also going to take a picture of the indefication plate. It just showed 450 no letter behind it like B,C ect….. I just seen tinkerer comment on 450B?