Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1977 580C Control Valves for Hoe end Rebuild

PAwrestling#1 ยท 2014-05-29 13:09

I called the vendor I deal with for Case parts and they told me they dont sell rebuild kits that I would have to buy parts seperately. Is this the case or do I need to look at another vendor? I wanna pull it out of machine and basically do a complete overhaul. It has some small leaks but mainly for to hopefully help with little more digging power..

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2014-05-29 21:15

    I have never seen a rebuild kit for backhoe control valves. The parts are sold individually. When you remove the spools be sure to reinstall them in the bores they came out of. It is best to do one section at a time to avoid any confusion as to which bore a spool came out of.

  2. #2PAwrestling#12014-05-30 07:11

    thanks tinkerer.. this will be completely new to me. Providing I dont even know completely how they work or what to look for problems inside. But before I start I am buying a gauge like we spoke earlier to see how the pump seems.. If I remember right the testing of the pump is done at certain rpm's and my tach for some reason quit working on me.