Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1700B backhoe

automan ยท 2014-05-28 18:06

I have a red warning light on dash. Looks like a gear, I think it has something to do with transmission. I am not a bum to cheap to buy books, my wife suffered 2 major brain anuerysms and has brain damage and I have not worked since this happened in March 6, 2013. I take care of her full time with no income. Please help with whatever info you can and if you know where I can get access to books at a reasonable price please let me know. Thanks and God Bless Brian

Replies6
  1. #1greg95042014-05-28 19:01

    Look like any in the attached picture? This is from the operators manual for my 2004 JCB 212s. Might be similar.

  2. #2automan2014-05-28 23:23

    I believe it is the transmission oil pressure light. Does it say what to do? Thanks for your help. Brian

  3. #3LT-x72014-05-29 01:01

    Have checked the fluid level in the transmission?

  4. #4automan2014-05-29 06:10

    yes, level looks good.

  5. #5d4c24a2014-05-29 15:05

    i have a manual for a 1400b which should give you some pointers https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3r7mnrr4pus87c/jcb_214-3cx-1400b_workshop_sec_wat.zip

  6. #6automan2014-05-31 17:19

    thanks for the manual I will see if it applies, we just got 8 inches of rain the other day and the back hoe is sunk to the frame. Maybe next week.