I have a 1977 CAT 920 wheel loader S/N: 62K2802 The yoke for the intermediate shaft sheared off where the u-joint bolts to. I gave nc the serial number and what I was looking for and they said it is not in stock or manufactured any more. Is there any place I can find another one? He asked his used parts guy to track one down and they had no luck as well. This thing is a turd without 4 wheel drive.
Number 14 in the blow out is what I am looking for.
I make no claims for this outfit but here is just one that shows up on Ebay when I searched for that 6K5899 part number. $61.00 with free shipping, not bad if it fits and works. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6K5899-YOK...m1a43e88adb:g:A5QAAOSwmVBaf2yt&frcectupt=true Cat did list a YellowMark part number as 520-6381 but might not be available any more.
Nice, I will try out the ebay seller and get back to see if it is legit. Thanks for the find.
From what I can see, 6K5899 is in stock in Morton. But if not, there seems to be a few secondhand
Not sure what the problem is my SIS is not working very good for checking price and availability today. One time it says part is not available and then another time it shows the YellowMark version with three available in Yoke Pa. The time I saw a price and availability for the YellowMark it was around $210.00
6K-5899. 8 pieces available in Morton, 1 in Waco TX - price $515 Yellowmark Part 520-6381. 3 pieces available in york PA - price $206
Sorry to get back to you guys so late, I think the site was acting funky for myself and the parts distributor. After a few days the guy called me back and said to check it because it popped up for him. Regardless I was able to purchase the yoke from the seller kshansen recommended. It fits perfectly and bolts up to the ujoints as it should. If I remember I will post on durability after a awhile of running it.
Just to be 100% clear, I did NOT recommend that place, I just pointed out that they claimed to have the part! All the same glad it fit and seems to be working for you.
Well thanks for the recommen.......tip. I meant tip.
Did you get my address to send the check, figure the close to $150 savings over the Cat Yellow Mark price would be worth a bit of a kick back!
Its in the mail, thanks again.