I am looking for a Oil Seal for a Dresser 515B loader Part number in the book is oil seal 935 491 c1 I am not having any luck finding one. Does anyone know a place i may be able to find one? Or maybe cross reference the number to a newer part number? as everywhere i called say that a extremely old number so they have no way to cross reference it. I need a Oil seal asap so if anyone has any idea it would be greatly appreciated. I am currently renting a loader for over 4k a month and its killing profit i need my loader back yesterday lol.
Googled the part number and came up with several suppliers, none of which I am familiar with, listing the seal available to order for around $120. I assume you tried your local Komatsu dealer?
what did you get for results when you searched it when i googled it i got a couple seal dealers and basicly told me good luck. and ya i tried komatsu was told it was a extremely old part number but they they werent sure if they could even get 1. they called me back and told me they could get one but it would be a month before i had it.
Here are a few from the Googleator: https://www.monroetractor.com/part-details/?part_num=935491C1 http://www.salemfarmsupply.com/buy-parts/CASE-IH-Part-935491C1-SEAL-1324881/ http://www.hoober.com/cas-935491c1-seal You might try FP Smith in California, I sometimes have luck with them.
Odd those arn't what come up when i search the part number but i think i may have found 1 at Finney Equipment & Parts
Anyone know by chance the Oil used in the axle on these Dressers my book isnt telling me and i can't find any place on the machine that tells me. The oil that came out seemed very very thin compared to your everyday axle oil. So i want to make sure i put the right stuff back in.
I believe that's a part that we should have in stock. Give Tom or Hugh a call at Wengers of Myerstown (800) 552-5080. We have parts for some Dresser machines.
I found oil seals thankfully but i will keep yours added to my phone incase i need more parts. Right now trying to find out what it takes for Axle oil
As I recall we used 80W90 in them back in the days when those were new. With all the new technology in oil now days with all the new thoughts and philosophies I couldn't tell you what is best.
I guess it has to have a brake additive as it has wet brakes. i am calling around to see if anyone knows Monday.
From my experience, the only time they needed the brake additive was when using engine oils. Let us know when you find out.
transaxle gear lube with brake additive 75wt is what i was told it takes. now to see if i can find any as the parts and equipment stores around here don't have any
Not having much luck with finding any with a Brake additive so far. But they told me to make sure it had it as its got wet brakes and without it brakes will work for awhile but it will eat them up and they will quit working