Hi, Was looking for a backhoe and found this one here. I lowered the price to $6000. He said its in good working condition. Is this a fair price?? I was looking to compare prices but couldnt find many, so i though i would ask here. Please see link below. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1285137997&requestSource=b
yeah, if everything is functional, engine, transmission, none of the cylinders are dripping, the buckets aren't slopped out too far, and the backhoe is tight enough to function. If all of those things are good, then it's a great deal. A lot of the market is local, and it seems like Canadians have said the prices are substantially higher.
Don't knowhow mechanically inclined you are but if you could find someone that has operated backhoe and take them with you to operate it that might help. Its an older machine but if its been well taken care of then I would think that's a fair price for it. You might check on the net for parts as some of the older machines parts aren't there. I would not buy it without seeing It work hard.
run it for at least an hour digging and using it, not just sit idle and get it heated up and use and move all levers and cylinders to check for leaks.offer to pay for the fuel it may use to let the guy know you are serious and not just a tire kicker.if the guy give you a hard time about that..run away fast..hes hiding a major flaw...