Hello there! I’ve been a visitor to this site for a little while and got precious tips and info that got me out of trouble a many times. For that, thanks to you all! That being said, I came to a dead end looking for a wiring diagram or pictures that would help me rig the cab relay on my 1978 JD310A. The relay failed a few weeks back so I ordered a new one, but looking at the wiring of the old one, it appears to me that the previous owner made use of some creativity to get the thing running with a faulty relay…here’s a picture: So basically, the cable going to the starter solenoid (bigger black one) and the smaller one going to inside cab lights and wiper motor are fitted to the right terminal. The small wire that you see on the upper smaller connector feeds the dashboard gauges and lights. Now, shouldn’t there be some wire connected to the left terminal? My guess from the documentation I have is that the one going to solenoid should be connected there…. Any help, pictures or diagram would be greatly appreciated cause what I have on hand isn’t quite an actual wiring diagram and I wouldn’t want to burn something up!
Machine serial # ?. I’ll see what I have.
Engine serial# is 424448T… thanks DD!
Looks like he’s was just using an old Ford style relay for accessories power, back feed from the starter.
Sorry, I had nothing. Did find an old attachment by @LarryH with a wiring diagram for machine sn # 255719 and up , also some other info. HeavyEquipmentForums
HH… the relay seems to be the accurate part, at least the one I ordered looks exactly the same. DD… thank you for your time, although it’s not the same wiring, looks like the same relay. I guess I can manage to figure out something that will make some sense. Thanks guys!