I have a 580 K backhoe. I was told I should use the case hydraulic filter filters for it, but was also wondering if I should spend the extra money for a case fuel oil and air filters or if alternate brands are just as good. It is a phase 3, because the shifters on the right Serial number JJG 0027517. If anybody can tell me the year, I would also appreciate it. It is also a construction king of that matters. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
I used Baldwin hydraulic filters and case oil filters when i had a 580 K . The case oil filters because they were only a couple bucks more and told they were good for 250 hrs between oil changes.
580SKs were made from about 1988 or 89 -1994. Not sure why it's so hard to find the exact date with the s/n but it seems to be. Maybe I'm just not a good googler. I used to have a book in my desk with all makes s/n lookup, but that was then. I think filter brands are a matter of choice, as long as you are doing regular/clean services and good lubricants you are far ahead of the average owner/operator.
Our case dealer supply fleetguard as an alternative.Good filters owned by Cummins.Some aftermarket filters tend to light up the filter lights .
I think any name brand filters will be fine.