Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1979 D3 transmission problem

Brandx ยท 2022-03-23 16:01

This machine is farily new to me and I bought it this way .I ordered a manual and a gauge just dont have the gauge yet. The linkage is extremely worn out I disconnected it at the transmission, and shifted it by hand has solid detents with a little play when in the detent. At idle if I shift to forward 1 or reverse 1 and just come up off idle the tracks tighten it I rev it up more some times it will start to move and then go slack. Some times it just goes slack. A couple times it moved good and turned perfectly now just touch the steer pedal it stops. I did clean the screen and the fluid was new and full when I bought it. Thanks and sorry so long winded.

Replies1
  1. #1StevenG2022-03-23 16:10

    Sounds like the steering clutches need attention.