Hello , I tried a search but nothing matches 1980 580 C with 4cylinder Stanadyne fuel injector 4500 hrs We put a rebuilt fuel injector, bleed… started and worked fine for 1hour It ran fine but suddenly stopped . Found a broken wire from 40 amp breaker to starter…. fixed wire and replaced breaker. I also replaced the starter and key switch It started and worked fine for about an hour. It just stopped like first time With switch off … It has power through breaker to starter Breaker has continuity When I crank key test light shows power to starter . Will not even try with either down throat . Has fuel too injector pump Stumped
Does your Stanadyne pump have an electric shut off solenoid.?? If it does, there will be a wire going to the top cover.. If yes, the solenoid could be getting hot and stopping the machine.. If it’s a cable shut off, MAKE SURE the lever is resting on its stop screw.. and not vibrating to the shut off position. Good luck