Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1980 Case W11 wont move

AlumiDuty · 2019-12-18 01:37

Just purchased a Case W11 that has been sitting for a while. Had to replace the injection pump and got the 207 running pretty strong. Now the next problem is that loader will not move either direction. When putting it in forward or reverse and accelerating it will roll maybe an inch and then stop. drained the transmission and then filled it back up with no change. The hydraulics work articulating the machine and raising the bucket. Any ideas where I should start?? Thank you

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632019-12-18 07:17

    I seem to recall the W series Case loaders having the Allison transmissions...………….can anyone confirm? Been too many years since I have seen one.

  2. #2alrman2019-12-18 15:32

    There should be a valve connected to the pressure line feeding the front brakes. This selects whether you want transmission cut-out or not while operating the brakes. There will be a hydraulic line from this valve to the transmission control valve where you hopefully have a stuck plunger, holding the machine in neutral. You may need to remove the control valve to clean it properly & replace some seals.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2019-12-18 19:18

    I can't remember which transmission is in the w11 I think a Allison but not sure could be a Clark though.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2019-12-18 19:22

    Check your brakes they could be froze to the drums.

  5. #5AlumiDuty2019-12-18 19:31

    So I had to pull the u joints to move it when i picked it up as the wheels wouldnt turn. With the U joints off it would roll freely. I am wondering if the hydraulic brakes are loading when the machine is running though.

  6. #6AlumiDuty2019-12-18 19:36

    The transmission looks like a Shift o Matic 4000 Series Model 4023E4P Spec 7297

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2019-12-18 22:42

    It’s been so long sense I worked on one of those. I do remember that most models only had rear brakes front brakes were an option. The park brake is a drum style on front of transmission I’d check to see if it’s locked up.